A recently found exploit has led to the creation of iOS 13’s first jailbreak for A12-A13 devices. The advantages to this compared to the previously used checkra1n jailbreak, is that no computer is required.
Both of the jailbreaks avaliable are semi-untethered jailbreaks. This means that when ever your iDevice is restarted, the jailbreak is essentially turned off, and must be turned back on again. With checkra1n this meant that you have to plug your phone back into your computer and jailbreak it. Now, all you have to do is open the unc0ver app and select jailbreak.
How to Jailbreak
- On your iPhone, download the AppCake app. Search for unc0ver, and select install. (Due to Apple revoke applications, this may sometimes not be available, the alternative is to download using AltStore. This requires a computer, for a tutorial click here.)
- Open the unc0ver app, and set your iPhone into airplane mode.
- Select Jailbreak. This process can take from 3-15 seconds. You may have to repeat this step if prompted. Your device is now jailbroken.
Optional (Recommended): A recently updated jailbreak tweak, can allow you to resign applications on your own, removing the risk of then being revoked by Apple. To do this follow the steps below.
- Open Cydia, go to the sources tab
- Select EDIT>ADD
- Enter this repo into the text box: repo.daus.ch
- Install “ReProvision”
- Once the installation is completed open the app
- Sign into your Apple ID
- On the main menu you will see apps that can be signed. Select unc0ver, and sign.
The apps are signed using your Apple ID. Apple allows for developer accounts to sign as many apps as they want. A normal, free account, can sign 2.
You are now jailbroken! There are many tweaks that you can install. I find the best way to find tweaks is to go to youtube. Many people have made many helpful videos allowing you to see the tweaks before downloading.
Many tweaks are free, but know, there are also plenty of tweaks that you must pay for. So please take that into consideration when searching for new tweaks. Have fun!